Monday 11 April 2011

Crowns.....


Getting into the swing of things with a Royal Wedding on the way at the end of the month, I thought I would show you the little crowns I picked up yesterday from a military dealer.



The two on the right are metal, one a stick pin, the other has a small piece of brown velvet behind the crown.
The three on the left are economy issue plastic, two with pin fittings... the top one with a blade fitting.
Known as Royal crowns, they would have been used for uniform decoration.


Larger brass badges with crowns too and a silk covered pin brooch in the shape of a wheel, which, according to my military man, is a French "Class II of the order for agricultural merit"


Regardless of what it was for...... it is still very cute!

So, this morning I am wondering how I can incorporate them at The Cloth Shed in a different way....I have a few ideas....


These fabric shoulder crowns would lend themselves easily to a sewing project.....


Keep you posted....

Julie x

PS.....Vintage and Retro Fair tomorrow at Hexham too.....I will be there!

7 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea. I like what you did on the pillow, so majestic!

    Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. the careworn Teddies here are all going to be wearing their regal "medals"
    (maybe I should get out a bit more?)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the crowns, I am so jelous! can't wait to see what you do with them :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Julie . . . . . as usual
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabric shoulder crowns are great...
    no doubt you will create something fabulous with them. Have a good fair tomorrow,
    Abby x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely little items and presented beautifully on your blog.... looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really neat little crowns! They will make great accent pieces!
    Have a great week!
    Chris :o)

    ReplyDelete