Saturday 29 October 2011

Off again....


Back to Paris again to see my lovely daughter and this time I am taking  my lovely Mum along for the ride.
She has never been before, so lots to show her.


A leisurely boat trip will probably be on the cards...a great way to see the river sights without pounding the pavements and incurring aching feet.

Staying in a what looks to be a very nice hotel with toile bedding....excellent start...



Wonder which colour we will get?

I like the red.....Mum likes the yellow....

Last weekend  the Autumn Fair at Rheged in Penrith, Cumbria was very busy,


Lots of  lovely customers,


Yet I still had time to treat myself to a couple of pairs of dangly earrings....


Silver nuggets / discs and black glass beads on clever hoops that don't fall out of your ears.

I think both pairs are coming on the trip to Paris... one for daytime... the other for evening....

Made by the talented Meryl Lusher from Newcastle, who not only makes her own jewellery and raku ceramics, but is a dab hand with the sewing machine.


Her lovely bags are beautifully made with great attention to detail....


And very reasonably priced too.....her shoppers start at £10 to £25 depending on style and pockets.
She is in the process of starting her own website, so I will let you know when she is up and running.

In the mean time, lots to do before Mum and I jump on that orange plane..... will report back very soon.


Finally, can I just say a big hello to all my new followers... fast approaching the 200 mark!!.... and a big thank you to all who leave such kind comments on my blog....



Julie x

12 comments:

  1. Have a great time!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon voyage!! Have a wonderful time,
    Love Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,hope you have a lovely time,wish I was going.Love Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you and your Mum have a wonderful time with K... will catch up with your news when you return. Abby xx
    ps. Red for me too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bon Voyage.... the hotel looks so lovely....have a bon time!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, just found your blog, I've enjoyed reading and shall look at it again in detail.

    Enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time and bring back lots of lovelies to show us.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, say hello to Paris for us! and to K. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look after my baby on that visit ;-) Have a wonderful time and I'm pleased to report that Colin's Lilian pics are now with me in their new home .... thank you so much for thinking of me x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you have had the most lovely time xx
    Hugs Lynn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to seeing what you find to bring home.
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope it was a lovely girly trip. Your earrings look fab, and the bags look rather good. Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete