Saturday 20 July 2013

Sans-culottes....


 A pair of Edwardian bloomers...grande taille ( big and comfy ) with a draw string waist....


And broderie anglais detail on the legs.


Worn with a linen pinafore....


Ooh la la!

I am now on a mission to find some more  pantalons to dye in different colours... Grey, rose pink, indigo.

Or even a pistachio colour which I have been experimenting with....


This steeped bundle of napkins and tablecloths will be coming to Hartlepool tomorrow when I have ironed and priced them. 
I think it is going to be a muted, ice cream inspired display for my stand with pieces of my favourite Annie Sloan colour...'Coco' ...painted furniture too.

Very Girly.


Hope you are all enjoying this lovely Summer sunshine here in the UK.
Long may it continue...

Julie x



5 comments:

  1. Go on... Show your knickers to all and sundry: I know I would!

    LLX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you dare to wear them tomorrow! I still haven't put my '50's coolie hat on since Mr N's cool reaction to it, despite the hot sun!
    I've got quite a lot for you about the Wallaces who lived in The Bastle and a possible for the sad wife - will print the documents for when we next meet up - probably not tomorrow.
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a lovely day tomorrow in your lovely outfit and pantaloons. I do love a trim of broderie anglaise peaking out from something of a linen persuasion! Will definitely get to meet up soon! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love them, they are gorgeous, you need at least 4 assorted shades...oh you are going to be happily busy and look rather swish at the end of it.
    Hugs Lynn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Julie, showing us your pantaloons......You have no shame lady!!!
    Love them!!!!!!!
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete